Wednesday, October 19, 2005

NFL News, Yankees, NLCS Game 6

Just before the NFL Trade deadline yesterday, The Tampa Bay Bucs offered a draft pick for former SF 49ers quarterback Tim Rattay. When I first saw this, I immediately pictured Rattay being the starter (in reality he will be thier number 3). Thank God I forgot the Bucs had Chris Simms. If you didn't know, Tampa has lost QB Brian Griese for the rest of the year with an ACL injury (atleast I think it was his ACL). I'm not sure Simms is the type of quarterback a 5-1 Bucs team can turn to. He has limited playing experience and hasn't shown much of anything when given the opportunity. The Bucs were already a run first team, and they may be forced to run the ball even more. Hopefully Cadillac will be healthy enough to go come week 8 (Tampa is on bye this week).

In other NFL news, Big Ben Roethlisberger will start this weekend vs the Bengals. He will not be 100%, but the Steelers have no choice. Maddox looked horrendous last week vs the Jags. This looks like a must win game for the Steelers who have fallen a game and a half behind the Bengals. Am I the only one that thinks the Bengals are pretenders. Their schedule has been a joke so far, except when they played the Jags (and lost). Palmer is an awesome QB, but I still think the Bengals are a year away from making a serious push in the playoffs.

QB Marc Bulger's status still remains unknown, however, I think he will play. Martin didn't look all that bad (he was playing against the number 1 defense in the NFL), but Martin is not the type of QB that can lead the Rams to victory. The Rams should consider themselves lucky that they play in the NFC where any team still has a chance. The NFC is a joke compared to the AFC.

In baseball news, Yankees Manager Joe Torre will return next season. Yankee fans should be jumping up and down in the streets. Without Torre, they would not have won the division, and would not have made the playoffs. When the Yankees were looking awful, it was Torre that helped turn them around. His resume speaks for itself. "It makes me feel very good. It really does," Steinbrenner said. "He's a good man. I like him. I understand him. I understand what he's after. I'm very happy to have him." Way to go George! I think every team in the Majors would be very happy to him him too.

The Naitonal League Championship Series Game 6 is on tonight. The Astros have another shot to win with Roy Oswalt on the mound. Oswalt (if you can't tell by now) is my favorite Astro. In my opinion, he is the best pitcher in all of baseball. If you watched game 2 and watch tonight, you will see what I mean. If the Astros have any shot of making it to the World Series, it will happen tonight. If Oswalt can't win the game and the cardinals force a game 7, then goodbye Astros. What's that you say? Roger Clemens will take the mound in a possible game 7? That does sound pretty good, but you know what, the Astros had Clemens on the mound in game 7 last year and they still lost. It has to get rapped up tonight. The Cardinals are too good at home to lose two games in a row at home. It won't happen. Tonight is the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home