Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Ok so it's been awhile since I last posted. Like I said, I am new to this and have been rather busy at work. So I've finally found time to post. It is baseball time. Last week I was coincidently home sick during the first game of the St. Louis Cardinals vs San Diego Padres. I think I would have rather stayed at work than watch that pitiful display. The Padres talked all week about how well they could perform in a short series. They had the spotlight on them and a chance to prove the baseball world wrong. Did they step up? No. They got swept. How embarrassing was it for Padres fans everywhere to show up to work the next day? They had their chance, and got swept. They were a bad team all season, and were a bad team in the playoffs.

Well, the Red Sox lost and the Yankees lost but you know what... I don't care. I'm sick to the east coast bias in baseball. For once we have two championship series without an east coast team. What is ESPN and MLB going to report about? During the broadcast are we going to have to listen to Joe Morgan talk about what Jeter had for breakfast or what the Red Sox nation will do next season? I'm sick of the east coast bias in baseball. I'm also tired of hearing about Big Papi (David Ortiz) and how he should be MVP. No DH should ever be MVP. If you just sit in the dugout and wait 3 innings before you have to move your fat self off the bench, you are not worthy of being a Most Valuable Player.

Enough of that. It's time to focus on what's good in baseball.. The Houston Astros. The most fundamentally sound team in the league. A team where pitching comes first, solid defense second, and hitting third. A team that is built to win, and built to win now. Sure the Cards are good, but they are missing a lot from last year's team. Eckstein is not a solid replacement for Renteria and Rolen is still sidelined. However, Edmonds is still trolling centerfield and will likely rob a homerun or two to make this an interesting series. The Astros have all the making of a championship team. Look for Bagwell to pull a Kirk Gibson and give Houstonians their first World Series appearance, and ultimately, their first World Series win.

Also, I heard on the radio that the Minnesota Vikings had a sex orgy party on a yacht. Are you kidding me? A team that is 1-3 in the worst division in the NFL spent their time having three ways with prostitutes on a yacht. Wow. Instead of going over game film and preparing for next week's game, the Vikings felt it would be best to relieve their sexual tensions. If Mike Tice has a job at the end of the year I will be surprised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home