Thursday, November 03, 2005

Charlie Weis

Who has the largest coaching contract in college football? Not Bob Stoops, or Bobby Bowden, or Steve Spurrier, or even Pete Carroll. The answer to the question is Charlie Weis. I’ve been waiting awhile to write a post on Charlie Weis, coach of Notre Dame football. What in the hell has Weis done that warrants getting the fattest contract in the history of NCAA football? Am I missing something here? Have the Fighting Irish even beat any worthy teams? No they haven’t.

How does a school give a rookie coach 40 million dollars? He hasn’t even proved himself. Notre Dame didn’t even want him last year when they fired Ty Willingham. And now he is the 40 million dollar man. Unreal. I hope Tennessee beats the crap out of Notre Dame this weekend. The Vols aren’t really good this year, but they are still a tough SEC team. They got beat up by teams like LSU, Florida, and Alabama. They didn’t lose any cream puff games. And now they are going up to South Bend with blood in their eyes.

I hate Tennessee (because I’m a gator fan), but man do I hope they destroy Notre Dame.

And does anyone else think Charlie Weis looks like Aguado from Ace Ventura?

3 Comments:

Blogger The Armchair Quarterback said...

Notre Dame almost wet their pants to get this deal done. They were so suckered by Weis and his people letting the Irish know that the NFL could come calling any minute that they threw rationality out the window. The crazy thing is an NFL team could still buy out his contract and not even blink so it didn't give them any security-- it just gave Weis some. I agree with you, I'll be rooting against this team.

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great football picture blog you have here. I'm always looking for info on football picture. You can check out my forum about football picture if you have a chance.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Buster said...

Why Charlie Weis?

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home