Thursday, November 03, 2005

The Steelers

Big Ben Roethlisberger will be out this Sunday vs. the Green Baby Packers. Ben underwent arthroscopic surgery to repair the knee injury he sustained a few weeks ago. He aggravated the injury Monday night in a game against the Ravens. "Everyone that watched the game and knows how I play could tell there was something on my knee," Roethlisberger said. "I didn't feel as mobile. We took it off at halftime and taped it and it felt a lot better. If I can go without a brace, I'm going to do it."

I’m glad that Ben has finally decided to have surgery on his knee. He can’t just keep going out there every week and taping it up. Part of what makes Ben a great quarterback is his ability to get outside the pocket and complete a pass. With an injured knee he won’t be as mobile and will be prone to getting sacked. In the Monday night game Ben threw for a career high 30 times. Is that unbelievable or what? Big Ben threw for a record 30 times. I bet in college he would throw the ball 30 times in a half, and now look at him. He still maintains a high passer rating though and a high winning percentage. I guess you don’t need to be the best passer to be the best QB.

The Steelers have decided to go with Charlie Batch as their QB this week. I guess they didn’t like what they saw in Maddox when he played the Jags a few weeks ago. Batch can’t be any worse can he? I mean he hasn’t played in like 4 years. But then again, the Steelers are playing the Packers this week. What a lucky break that is. They could field Kordell Stewart at QB and probably still win the game. Look for the Steelers to run the ball 50 times this weekend. Batch just needs to keep his cool and not make any mistakes. But then again they are playing the Packers. He could make 5 mistakes and the Steelers would still win by 20 points.

When asked about the future, Big Ben said "I understand that everyone always worries about longevity and a long career and this and that, but I'm living for this year right now. So, no, we'll see what we can do for this year."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home