Monday, November 21, 2005

Tony Stewart Wins the Cup Title

I am not a big NASCAR Fan by any means. In fact, this is my first post regarding NASCAR since I created my blog. The only race I ever watch is the Daytona 500. I suspect I am not alone when it comes to this either, but I wanted to write a quick post about Tony Stewart in case I have any racing fans reading. No. 20 deserves this much after what he has accomplished on the track.

Tony Stewart won his second Cup Title this weekend (is it still called the Nextel Cup or is it the Sprint- Together with Nextel Cup). It’s nice to see some excite from the world of NASCAR, a sport which features its main events at the beginning of the season instead of the end. Tony Stewart stuck it out Sunday at Homestead and can now be considered one of the elite drivers.

"I couldn't be any prouder of Tony," Zipadelli (Tony Stewart’s Crew Chief) said. "That's probably the biggest thing -- this kid's been through the ups and downs but he's matured and we won this championship because of him. Because of his attitude. Because of his winning ways, his efforts. He can win in any car out there and we're just proud to be a part of it."

image taken from nascar.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home