Thursday, December 01, 2005

The ACC Championship Game

The first ever ACC Championship game will be held this Saturday in Jacksonville at Altell Stadium. The Virginia Tech Hokies will take on the Florida State Seminoles in a battle for the conference title. Now I’m not an ACC fan (the SEC is my conference), but since the game is in Jacksonville and I will be attending the game in the clubs seats (thanks Dad) I felt I should write up a post about the upcoming game.

Can you imagine a team with 4 losses (Florida State 7-4) is playing for a championship? I’m not kidding you either. FSU is playing in this game. They got completely destroyed by Florida last weekend and should feel a similar wrath against the Hokies on Saturday. FSU could possibly end the season losing 4 in a row with a total of 5 losses. Now that probably hasn’t happened since the 70s. What has happened to this team? How can the Atlantic division be that bad? I hope we never see a 4 loss team fighting for a championship again. What a joke it would be if FSU wins.

Virginia Tech has to be pissed about their loss to Miami. Although, even if they had won that game, they would still be ranked 3rd and on the outside looking in, in terms of a national championship. Marcus Vick should be able to lead the Hokies to victory this Saturday. FSU could not contain the pass against Florida, or any team for that matter. They get no pressure on the QB. A situation like this is one Vick can thrive in. If the force him out of the pocket he will get dangerous.

You’ve got to believe the Hokies will manhandle the Seminoles. Being a Gator fan, I hope that they do. Nothing would make me happier than watching the Seminoles get pounded in the dirt and embarrassed in front of 40,000 of their own fans. I’ll be at the game, and I’ll come back on here Monday and let everyone know how it went. Can’t wait to be a part of the first ever ACC Championship game.

Prediction: Virginia Tech 45 Florida State 13

Yah I’m predicting a blowout!!

3 Comments:

Blogger the sports dude said...

I am not much of a fan of any of the Florida schools so I hope your prediction does come true. Something tells me though that VT will have just as much of a problem with that FSU defense as it did the Miami defense. That being said I think VT still wins but it will be more of a 21-17 type score.

Later.

10:46 AM  
Blogger mhofeld said...

Colorado has four losses and is playing for the Big 12 Championship as well. The only championship games worth watching are SEC and Conference USA.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope FSU doesn't pull out some upset and make it to a BCS game. I would be so pissed. BTW have fun at the game. Go VA Tech!!

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home