Friday, December 09, 2005

NFL: Colts vs Jags


I already predicted the Jags would beat the Colts this weekend, and now I'm going to tell you how they'll do it. In the NFL's biggest matchup of the week, the Jacksonville Jaguars will beat the Indianapolis Colts by a score of 27-17. No, I don't have Biff Tannon's Sports Almanac from Back to the Future, but I do have a gut feeling and that's worth something isn't it?

A Garrard touchdown pass to Ernest Wilford will put the Jags up by 7 after a tied 17-17 halftime score. The Jags defense will dominate the Colts in the second half giving up only 100 total yards and no scores. The Jaguars will make it a 2 score game by kicking a Scobee field goal late in the 4th. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Although don't put too much into my stock... remember I picked Virginia Tech to completely embarass Florida State? Well, I'm still being served a nice plate of crow with that one.

I'm more confident with my pick here. Even without Brad Meester (the Jaguars star center who hasn't missed a game in 6 years and is the offensive line leader), Byron Leftwich (another team captain gone), Donovan Darius (our defensive team leader and all pro strong safety), Nick Sorenson (our special teams captain), and possibly Fred Taylor (our 4th team captain to hit the injury list). Fred Taylor might play this game, he might not. No one really knows what his deal is. I wish he would play though. Fred has a great history with the Colts including a shoulder to the face of Mike Doss and a cleat to his chest as Fred ran over him on his way to a game winning td last year.

Regardless of how many starters the Jaguars have injured, they still have a solid team and will be able to put up points on Indy. What the Jags have now that they didn't have in September is Khalif Barnes. The Jags played Mr. Turnstyle himself Ephrem Salaam. Barnes is a nasty Left Tackle and plays with an attitude. He's a rookie and will be able to hold his own against Freeney. Garrard will give the Colts something they haven't seen yet. They've never faced Garrard and will be pleasently surprised when they watch him sling bullets to our receivers and burn line backers for a 20 yard run.

I can't wait for this game. I've got my tickets ready. I've got my jersey already layed out. Maybe I'll even paint my face. Let's go Jags !!!

I'll end this with the Fred Taylor quote as he ran over Mike Doss

"I'm going to punish him. If he hits me, fine, but if I catch him, believe me, I'm going to get the better shot."

3 Comments:

Blogger Buster said...

Good site Sports Litter?

6:57 PM  
Blogger Tony C's Black Eye said...

Fred Taylor isnt going to hit anyone, the guy goes down every other week. And come back down from space, you arent going to beat the Colts, trust me. This wont even be a challenge.

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wondering if you would like to trade links

If you'd like you can check out my site www.thesimulator.blogmaker.com

I don't exactly think that the Jaguars can beat the Colts, but I think that they can make it a close one if Leftwich can stay away from the mistakes

great site!

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home